Adult social care
These pages will give you more information about the wide range of support services available for adults in Barnet to help you stay as active and independent as possible. This includes social care related support, but also support available in other areas of your life.
The council works in close partnership with the health service and the voluntary sector to provide information, advice and services for people who:
- have a physical and sensory impairment
- have a learning disability
- have mental health support needs
- are over 65 years and are physically or mentally frail
- care for a friend or relative.
If you want help to think about your options, you can either:
- explore our Getting Help and Advice section
- contact the Barnet Centre for Independent Living (BCIL) who can provide you with information and advice on maintaining your independence. BCIL is a user-led organisation which offers information, advice, advocacy and brokerage for people with any form of disability living in Barnet.
- call the council’s Social Care Direct Team
The Barnet Care Directory can also provide you with an overview of the range of support available. The directory is relevant to any adult in need of care who either receives support from the council or funds their own support.
Out of hours service
For urgent enquiries between 5pm and 9am or at the weekend, call this number and we will get back to you.
Tel: 020 8359 2000