|Information||In December 1975, Barnet Council agreed to foster a link with Ramat Gan following an approach by the Deputy Mayor of Ramat Gan. The link was confirmed on 9 March 1976.
Ramat Gan, a suburb of Tel Aviv, was formed in 1921, when, during the holiday of Hanukah, the first settlers came to Ramat Gan and established a settlement with small farms, plenty of gardens and green fields.
The name of the town comprises the Hebrew words for "height" and "garden"and reflects the intention to establish a form of garden city.
Although Ramat Gan has now grown into a city of nearly 150,000 inhabitants, it is still known for its gardens. It is one of the biggest and most important cities in Israel and is the home of the Israel diamond exchange.