Equality and diversity
Our Equality commitment to our residents
- all residents, service users, service providers, employees and partners in the community have a responsibility to promote equalities and challenge discrimination and stereotyping
- all residents are able to participate in the life of the community and celebrate its diversity
- every resident and service user has equal access to high-quality services that meet their needs. We recognise that there are some people who may need support in receiving this entitlement
- every resident, service user and employee is entitled to a safe environment free from discrimination and harassment.
Our Equalities policy
This document gives a detailed breakdown of equality statistics relating to the council's workforce, including the borough's community schools. It provides figures on the following 'protected characteristics': gender, age, ethnic origin, disability, religion or belief, sexual orientation and marital status.
Publishing this data is a requirement of the Equality Act 2010.
Look out for a more detailed document and breakdown of equality statistics on the site soon.
Pages in Equality and diversity
- You are here: Equality and diversity
- Previous Equality Schemes