Grants and funding
Grants to voluntary & community organisations 2014/15
Start up and one-off grants
The Corporate Grants Programme offers grants of up to £10,000 to help either:
- set up a new project or activity in Barnet in response to identified needs
- or with specific events, purchases or other non-recurring items of expenditure,
where a proposal complements one or more of the council’s key corporate priorities or Barnet’s Sustainable Community Strategy.
- these are for a maximum of one year and may contribute towards capital and revenue costs
- applications must be accompanied by a funding plan from year two onwards showing how the proposal will be maintained once the council’s grant ends.
These may be subject to matching funding depending on the purpose for which help is sought and the amount required.
Proposals will be enhanced if they demonstrate:
- maximum value for money (clear outcomes for customers; high quality, flexible and responsive services etc)
- that services are designed around evidence of local need and the preferences of potential users
- that services complement but do not overlap with existing or planned public sector provision
- that services can be tailored to the needs of individuals' ease of access
- that they link with public sector services, where relevant
- a focus on prevention
- a commitment to sharing data with the public sector to facilitate insight into the needs of residents
- that potential service users are involved in the design and/or running of services
How to apply
To qualify for consideration, applicants must show how a proposal aims to achieve at least one of these criteria:
- support people to be independent and lead active lives, including people with disabilities and complex needs
- strengthen individuals’ resilience in challenging times
- create the conditions for children and young people to develop skills to develop skills and acquire knowledge to lead successful adult lives, with a particular focus on 16-24 year olds who are not in education, employment or training
- promote health and health outcomes
- support people in changing behaviour (e.g. to become more physically active)
- help to make sure that Barnet remains a safe and healthy place to live, work and study
- reduce crime and anti-social behaviour
- reduce inequalities
- protect and enhance the natural and built environment so that the borough is clean and green
- promote recycling and waste minimisation
- ensure that town centres are vibrant places where business can thrive.
To discuss a proposal and obtain an application pack, please contact Ken Argent.
Area Committee Budgets
Residents are invited to apply for grant funding which they can spend in their local area.
Each of the council's three area committees (Chipping Barnet, Finchley and Golders Green, Hendon) receive £100,000 a year for four years 2014-15 to 2017-2018 to spend on projects and proposals which can be brought forward by residents, local organisations, voluntary or community groups.
Grants of £200 to £9999 are available. Projects should benefit the local area and support one of the council's corporate priorities. The deadline for applications in this year is December 15th 2014.
Decisions will be made by the Area Committee meetings on January 15th 2015.
If you have any questions or need further information, please refer to the guidance and application form below or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.