The Mayor attends hundreds of engagements every year. We would like to make it as easy as possible for you to invite the Mayor to your event. Anyone wishing to do so should first contact the Mayor’s Office to check the Mayor’s availability.
Please contact us with as much notice as possible as the Mayor’s diary does fill up quickly.
If the Mayor accepts the invitation, an engagement form, including protocol guidelines, will be sent, which should be completed and returned to the Mayor’s Office well before the date of the engagement. Please include any briefing notes that would be helpful, particularly if the Mayor is to make a speech.
You can submit an invitation to the Mayor’s Office by email or letter. See details on the right hand navigation.
Addressing the Mayor
The correct title of the Mayor is: The Worshipful The Mayor (and Mayoress/Escort) of the London Borough of Barnet
The correct forms of verbal address are:
- The Mayor (male) – Mr Mayor
- The Mayor (female) – Madam Mayor (never Mayoress)
- The Mayoress (female escort to the Mayor) - Madam Mayoress
- The Mayor’s Escort – Mr (surname)
- Deputy Mayor – Mr/Madam Deputy Mayor
- Deputy Mayoress - Madam Deputy Mayoress
- Deputy Mayor's Escort - Mr (surname)