Computers and the internet (public WiFi and usage Policy)
Using library computers
You can use one of the 200 computers in Barnet libraries to:
- use the internet
- scan and print
- use Microsoft Office software
- use IT learning courses
- use Online resources
- use Ancestry.co.uk
Many of the computers are self-service (PC Express). Just turn up and type in your library card number and PIN to use the computer. You can apply online for a library card before your visit. You can also book a computer by asking the library staff. Visitors to the library can either apply for a temporary card or pay for hourly use.
You must agree to our Acceptable Usage Policy.
PCs turn off 15 minutes before the library closes.
All our libraries have self service issue machines.
- first hour each day is free for library card holders
- PC hire charge per hour: £2.70 (£1.35 concessions)
- black and white printing: 10p per sheet
- colour printing: 50p per sheet
Concessions apply to children, students and those claiming benefits. Proof of eligibility is required.
All Barnet libraries have wifi you can use with your own device. To use our wifi you will need your Barnet library card and your PIN. If you do not have a PIN please speak to a member of library staff.
A range of computer courses are delivered at East Barnet, Grahame Park and Hendon libraries by Barnet and Southgate College:
- Switch on to IT (beginners)
Ideal for absolute beginners, this course teaches you how to use of a mouse and keyboard, word processing, internet and email
- Click on to the net: including: browsers, website addresses, search engines, online forms, viruses, e-mail security and safety, online shopping and social networking
To be eligible for these free courses you need to be a permanent UK resident, be aged 19+, and have basic English skills.
Please contact Barnet and Southgate College directly to book these courses.