Borrowing vocal score sets and playsets
Vocal score sets
Any music or choral society or group that meets in the borough of Barnet can borrow from a large collection of vocal score sets.
Your group will need to be registered and there is a yearly subscription charge of £30 for each group and a small charge for each set borrowed.
To register, one member of your group will need to show 2 forms of identification and proof of a Barnet address at any Barnet library to get a music group card.
- the name of your group and library card number
- the composer and title (including edition) that you want
- the number of copies you would like
- when you want the items and how long you want to borrow them for
We will let you know if we can supply the items you have asked for and tell you when they are available for collection. All scores are collected from and returned to East Barnet library.
Any drama or play-reading group that meets in the borough of Barnet can borrow from approximately 1,200 playsets. Your group will need to be registered and there is a yearly subscription charge of £25. There are no additional costs, but charges will be made for lost or damaged copies
To register your group one member will need to go to any Barnet library to get a playsets card. We will need your name, address, email and phone number.
Two additional group members can be nominated to collect the copies.
You can browse the collection at Child's Hill library or search for titles on the online library catalogue. Enter 'playset' into the search box on the Classic Catalogue screen and the list of titles will appear.
The catalogue record gives an indication of the cast members and the class number indicates the type of play:
- PS A denotes a full length play
- PS B denotes a one act play
- PS C denotes monologues
- PS D denotes pantomimes
- PS J denotes children's plays
- PS R denotes religious plays
When you have made your selection send an email to us with:
- the chosen title or titles (you can borrow up to six titles at a time)
- the library where you would like to collect them
- the name of your group and the library card number
We will email you to let you know when the books have arrived at your chosen Barnet library.
Sets are issued for 6 weeks. You will need to bring your library card with you or we cannot issue the plays.
Once you have finished with the plays please return them to any Barnet library.