This page will tell you all about our collections of vocal and orchestral scores and play sets.
Sets and scores collection
An extensive collection of vocal score sets is available for loan for choral societies and music groups. Titles are listed on the library catalogue.
How to register a music group
- Any music society that meets in the borough of Barnet is eligible to join
- One member of the group will need to register at a library to get a music group ticket
- There is an annual subscription of £30 for each group and a small charge for each set borrowed
- You will need to show 2 forms of Identification featuring your Barnet address to register
How to borrow music scores
- the name of your group and your group library ticket number
- the composer and title (including edition) required
- if you need an orchestral set or a vocal score
- the number of copies required
- when you want the items and the length of loan required
We will contact you to let you know if we can supply the items you have requested and tell you when they are available for collection. All sets and scores are collected from East Barnet library.
We currently hold a stock of approximately 1,200 playsets which can be borrowed by any drama or play-reading group that meets in the borough. There is a charge of £25 per annum for this service payable on registration and then each year on the anniversary of the registration date.
How to register a drama group
- any drama group that meets in the borough is eligible to join the scheme
- one member of the group will need to register at a library to get a playsets ticket. We will need details of name, address, email and phone number (for use in emergencies)
- two additional group members can be nominated to collect the copies
- there are no overdue charges, but charges will be made for lost or damaged copies.
How to borrow playsets
The collection is held on closed access at Child's Hill library but can be found on the online library catalogue. Just put 'playset' into the search box on the Classic Catalogue screen and the list of titles will appear. The catalogue record gives an indication of the composition of the cast and the class number indicates the type of play:
- PS A denotes a full length play
- PS B denotes a one act play
- PS C denotes monologues
- PS D denotes pantomimes
- PS J denotes children's plays
- PS R denotes religious plays
When you have made your selection send an email to us with:
- the chosen title or titles (you may borrow up to 6 titles at a time)
- the library where you would like to collect the copies
- the name of your group and the library ticket number.
We will contact you by email to let you know when the books have arrived at your chosen Barnet library. Sets are issued for 6 weeks. Please remember to bring the library ticket with you as without it we are unable to issue the plays. Once you have finished with the plays please return them to any Barnet library.