London Borough of Barnet

Parks directory records

Oak Hill Park

Image Image
Description Oak Hill Park
Address Parkside Gardens
Town East Barnet
Postal Code EN4
Transport access Buses 184, 307,382 & 125
History The valley of Pymmes Brook used to be famed for its oak trees. These oaks were used in the building of St Albans Abbey. For many centuries the land was under the control of the abbey as part of Hertfordshire. The descendants of those trees survive in Oak Hill Woods. In 1536 the church lands were sold and large estates were created, one of which became Oak Hill Theological College. The Baring family owned the area from the 1860s till 1928 when in 1930 it was sold to East Barnet Council. The park was opened to the public in 1933 and has been maintained for local use and enjoyment since this time.
Facilities The following facilities are available:
Bowls
Cricket
Suitable for Small, Medium, Large Events and Fun Fairs
Football Snr (11-a-side)
Gardens
Multi Sports Court
Car park
Play Area Toddler (2- 6 years)
Play Area Junior (5-10 years)
Play Area Senior (7 -14 years)
Cafe
Tennis - Book via the Cafe
Water feature
Wildlife Interest
Outdoor Gym
Map

Get this feed London Borough of Barnet Parks directory records feed