Barnet is one of the safest boroughs in London. It has a low level of crime, according to recorded crime figures.
However, the council is determined to reduce this level further. We believe the best way to create a safer community is to work in partnership and share expertise.
Barnet Safer Communities Partnership
We do this by working as part of the Barnet Safer Communities Partnership (BSCP), which brings together representatives from the Metropolitan Police, Barnet Council, London Fire Brigade, the criminal justice system and other statutory and voluntary organisations involved with crime reduction and community safety.
The Partnership aims to:
reduce crime, re-offending and anti-social behaviour, and
ensure people in Barnet feel safe.
It is doing this by focusing resources on the crimes which cause the most harm or risk to individuals or communities. It uses a mixture of intelligence, prevention and enforcement, based on a strategic assessment of crime in the borough.
To find out more about its aims and achievements, read the Partnership's three-year strategy.
The Partnership's Strategic Assessment 2014-15 Key Findings report provides a snapshot of recent trends in the borough and how the Partnership is working to reduce levels of crime and anti-social behaviour
Have your say on Community Safety in Barnet
The Barnet Safer Communities Partnership wants to hear YOUR views on crime and anti-social behaviour. This will help us develop our Community Safety Strategy for 2015 onwards.
We want to know about:
- Your perceptions of crime and anti-social behaviour in your local area
- Your views about how well the Safer Communities Partnership is tackling crime and anti-social behaviour in your area
- What you think the priorities should be for the borough and for your local area
How can you get involved?
- Complete an online survey
- Come along to one of our public meetings at Hendon Town Hall, The Burroughs, NW4 4BG Wednesday 10th September from 6.30-8.30pm or Saturday 27th September from 10am-12pm.
To book a place at the public meeting or for further details, please contact Barnet Community Safety Team on 0208 359 6071 or email BarnetCST@barnet.gov.uk