Housing strategy and policies
Barnet's housing strategy 2010 to 2025
Barnet is a popular place to live with excellent schools, open spaces and transport links. The overarching aim of our housing strategy is to maintain a successful London suburb by providing housing choices to residents that meet their needs and aspirations.
In particular, we have set the following housing objectives:
- increasing housing supply, including family homes, to improve the range of housing choices and opportunities available to residents
- improving the condition and sustainability of the existing housing stock
- promoting mixed communities and opportunities available to those wishing to own their own home
- providing housing related support options to enable independent living
- providing excellent value housing and related services.