Barnet book club
Are you in a book group or thinking of starting one but not sure what to do? If so, then Barnet Book Club is here to help you out.
Barnet book club has been established to help support book groups in the community by supplying sets of popular titles for discussion. This is a free service: all you need to do is register.
How to register a book club
- any book group that meets in the borough of Barnet is eligible to join the scheme.
- one member of the group will need to register at a library to get a reading group ticket. We will need details of name, address, email and phone number (for use in emergencies)
- each registered group is able to borrow up to 30 books (two collections) for up to eight weeks. There are no fines or replacement charges.
How to borrow Barnet book club resources
You can download a current list of book club collections or search the book club collections directory. (Both functions are available at the bottom right of this page).
When you have made your choices please email with the following information:
- the chosen title and three possible alternatives
- the library from where you wish to collect the books
- the name of your group and the library ticket number.
We will contact you by email to let you know when the books have arrived at your chosen library.
Please remember to bring the library ticket with you as without it we are unable to issue the books. Once you have finished with the books please return them to any Barnet library.
Barnet libraries reading groups
Reading groups are an opportunity to meet and discuss some of the best writing available. Sessions take place once a month. Contact your local library for more details. Some of our reading groups are run in partnership with The reader organisation.