Your library needs you: become a library volunteer
- are you enthusiastic, energetic and love your local library?
- would you like to gain new skills, meet new people and contribute to your local community?
- are you interested in volunteering to help with a range of activities and services in Barnet libraries?
We currently have opportunities for:
- Young peoples event assistant to help out at the Game On computer gaming sessions at Childs Hill library
- IT buddies to support IT learners in libraries and give basic computer help at drop-in sessions. This role is available at all Barnet libraries.
- Conversation Cafe helper to support the group at Childs Hill library
- Sets and Scores volunteer to help shelve and look after the vocal score collection at East Barnet library
- Volunteer early years assistants supporting library staff by setting up the room, signing people in, handing out musical instruments and promoting the library service. This role is available at Childs Hill, Golders Green and Grahame Park libraries, and at library-run sessions at Starbucks (in Sainsburys West Hendon) and Fairway Children's Centre
- Make friends with a book - The Reader Organisation is looking for individuals to lead shared read aloud reading groups at Grahame Park Library and at other community and care settings. We are also looking for one to one readers. Full training and support given. Please contact email@example.com for more details
Further information about our volunteering opportunities can be found in the Downloads box in the bottom right-hand corner of this page, or please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Should you wish to apply for any of the opportunities please follow the link to our online application form in the top right-hand corner of this page. We look forward to hearing from you.