Your library needs you: become a library volunteer
- are you enthusiastic, energetic and love your local library?
- would you like to gain new skills, meet new people and contribute to your local community?
- are you interested in volunteering to help with a range of activities and services in Barnet libraries?
- are you aged 18 years old or over? Information about volunteering for 14-17 year olds
We currently have opportunities for:
Chess club helper wanted for Hendon library.
- Young peoples event assistant to help out at the Game On computer gaming sessions at Childs Hill library.
- IT buddies to support IT learners in libraries and give basic computer help at drop-in sessions. This role is available at South Friern library.
- Volunteer early years assistants supporting library staff by setting up the room, signing people in, handing out musical instruments and promoting the library service. This role is available at Golders Green, Grahame Park and South Friern libraries.
- Make friends with a book - The Reader Organisation is looking for individuals to lead shared read aloud reading groups at Grahame Park Library and at other community and care settings. We are also looking for one to one readers. Full training and support given. Please contact email@example.com for more details.
- Home Library Service Support Volunteer - to support library services to housebound residents available at Mobile and Home Library Service.
- School Liaison Volunteer - help to develop strong relationships with schools and help maintain School Libraries Resources Service stock and collections. This role is available at School Libraries Resources Service.
Further information about our volunteering opportunities can be found in the Downloads box in the bottom right-hand corner of this page, or please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. To apply for one of these volunteering opportunities click on 'Library Volunteer Application Form' in the box at the top of this page.