Your library needs you: become a library volunteer
- are you enthusiastic, energetic and love your local library?
- would you like to gain new skills, meet new people and contribute to your local community?
- are you interested in volunteering to help with a range of activities and services in Barnet libraries?
We currently have opportunities for:
Early years Book Buddy to support a family literacy project we will be running in a school and run some drop-ins at the library to encourage families to visit. please call 020 8359 7771 for more information.
Chess club helper wanted for Hendon and Mill Hill libraries.
- Young peoples event assistant to help out at the Game On computer gaming sessions at Childs Hill library.
- IT buddies to support IT learners in libraries and give basic computer help at drop-in sessions. This role is available at all Barnet libraries.
- Volunteer early years assistants supporting library staff by setting up the room, signing people in, handing out musical instruments and promoting the library service. This role is available at Childs Hill, Golders Green and Mill Hill libraries.
- Make friends with a book - The Reader Organisation is looking for individuals to lead shared read aloud reading groups at Grahame Park Library and at other community and care settings. We are also looking for one to one readers. Full training and support given. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
- Local Studies World War One Research Assistant - to research local newspapers from the period, and digitally process material.
- Library shelver - to help shelve returned books. Available at Edgware library.
- Conversation Café Assistant - to support people who want to practice and improve their spoken English language skills. This role is available at Edgware library.
Further information about our volunteering opportunities can be found in the Downloads box in the bottom right-hand corner of this page, or please email us at email@example.com. Should you wish to apply for any of the opportunities please follow the link to our online application form in the top right-hand corner of this page. We look forward to hearing from you.