Events for adults
Why not enter our fantastic photography competition celebrating this year's 'City Reads' promotion. The winning entrant will receive £100 in photography vouchers and the opportunity to exhibit their work.
Regular events for adults in Barnet libraries
Please consult the events calendar for dates and times.
- Adult reading groups: an opportunity to talk about the books you love and hate with fellow readers. Sessions take place once a month in all Barnet libraries.
- Conversation cafe: practice talking in English with fluent speakers and other learners. These weekly sessions currently take place at Hendon library
- Health Inform drop-in: do you want to know more about a medical condition or illness or find out how to lead a healthy lifestyle? Monthly drop-in sessions take place at a number of libraries across the borough
- ICT classes: Barnet libraries runs ICT sessions for small groups of total beginners. Participants follow the BBC Computer Tutor Course with guidance from a member of staff. The set of four sessions covers basic mouse and keyboard skills, followed by an introduction to Windows and an introduction to the internet. A range of computer classes are also delivered at East Barnet, Grahame Park and Hendon libraries by Barnet and Southgate College
- Knit and natter groups: bring your latest project or find inspiration to start one!
- Senior citizen social group, coffee mornings and afternoon tea: meet other local residents and make new friends. Enjoy talks on a range of subjects over a cup of tea or coffee. Sessions take place in most libraries.