Events for adults
Win two tickets to see
The Scottsboro Boys at the Garrick Theatre
It’s Black History Month and we have two tickets to give away to The Scottsboro Boys, now playing at the Garrick Theatre until February. The first person to correctly answer all three questions will be the winner. Send your name, Barnet library card number, and all three answers to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How many teenagers were put on trial and became known as The Scottsboro Boys?
- Who was the author shortlisted for the Orange Prize 2009 for a novel about the Scottsboro Boys?
- Which show did Kander & Ebb, the creators of The Scottsboro Boys, not write?
A:Cabaret B:Carousel C:Chicago
Following its sell out, award-winning season at The Young
Vic, The Scottsboro Boys is now taking the West End by storm!
The critics are unanimous, The Scottsboro Boys is THE West End
musical to see this season.
From the legendary creators of Cabaret and Chicago, this 'radical musical' (The Guardian) brings to life the extraordinary true story of nine teenagers, in a case that changed history forever.
Winner of the Critics' Circle Best Musical Award 2013 and nominated for 6 Olivier Awards, including Best New Musical, The Scottsboro Boys features 'electrifying' (The Guardian) choreography and direction by five-time Tony Award-winner Susan Stroman (The Producers).
A 'show of dazzling sophistication', The Scottsboro Boys is 'irresistibly entertaining' (The Times), and 'finger-snapping, toe-tapping, tremendous' (Financial Times).
Don't miss this 'unmissable' (Mail on Sunday, The Times), all-singing, all-dancing, exhilarating and bold new musical, and experience the show that everyone is talking about.
The winner will be the first person to answer all 3 questions correctly.
Answers should be sent by email to email@example.com. Answers sent to twitter account will not be entered into the competition.
Entrants must have a valid Barnet library card
Tickets valid for Monday-Thursday performances, subject to availability. Exclusions apply. There is no cash alternative to the prizes, they are non-refundable and non-transferable and not for resale.
The judges' decision is final.
Regular events for adults in Barnet libraries
Please consult the events calendar for dates and times.
- Adult reading groups: an opportunity to talk about the books you love and hate with fellow readers. Sessions take place once a month in all Barnet libraries.
- Conversation cafe: practice talking in English with fluent speakers and other learners. These weekly sessions currently take place at Hendon library
- Health Inform drop-in: do you want to know more about a medical condition or illness or find out how to lead a healthy lifestyle? Monthly drop-in sessions take place at a number of libraries across the borough
- ICT classes: A range of computer classes are delivered at East Barnet, Grahame Park and Hendon libraries by Barnet and Southgate College
- Knit and natter groups: bring your latest project or find inspiration to start one!
- Senior citizen social group, coffee mornings and afternoon tea: meet other local residents and make new friends. Enjoy talks on a range of subjects over a cup of tea or coffee. Sessions take place in most libraries.