Workshop and training events
Below you will find information on workshops, events and business training that may be useful to you and your business:
- The London Business Network provides businesses with useful information about London 2012, related commercial opportunities and advice on how to take advantage of the wider benefits offered by the Games.
- The North London Chamber of Commerce is a membership organisation for businesses in Barnet, Haringey and Enfield and is “run by businesses for businesses”. The Chambers runs regular local networking events and provides a business database to its members that gain access to new buyers and suppliers.
- The British Library near King's Cross station runs free workshops on a variety of topics related to starting up a business. It specialises in researching and patenting.
- North London Business acts as a voice for business and provides a number of free services to businesses in North London, including business directory, property database, a business support directory, and Connect magazine featuring business news and events in North London.
- Business Startup regularly run major conferences and events aimed at anyone thinking of starting a business or expanding one. The events features workshops/seminars run by many well-known successful entrepreneurs to inspire and motivate you. The events are usually free and take place biannually in spring and autumn.
Employers can get help to enhance their staff's skills to improve their business performance and competitiveness:
Companies in the business, construction, care, catering, hairdressing and IT sectors are able to take advantage of training delivered locally by Training for London from Barnet and Southgate College. This service is competitively priced and can be made relevant to what your business needs. The College also offers work experience schemes with major employers like Transport for London .
Middlesex University’s world leading 'Institute for Work Based Learning' provides tailored programmes to employers to accredit their in-house training courses and to offer access to employers groups and individuals for learning in the workplace, to obtain high-level qualifications ranging from diplomas and degrees to doctoral degrees. For more information contact the Business Development Team on 020 8411 5050.