Cashless parking and parking vouchers
Parking: PaybyPhone or use PayPoint
Register for PayByPhone
You need to register your vehicle registration number and payment card details using one of these methods:
- register online text REG followed by your number plate to 07950 080 201 - you’ll get a call or text back to complete registration
- smartphone - if you have a smartphone go to paybyphone.co.uk or download the app if you have an iPhone, android phone or BlackBerry
- phone - call 020 3362 2000
You only need to register once. The next time you need to pay for parking enter the location number, parking duration and 3-digit security number on the back of the credit or debit card that you registered with. The correct amount will then be charged to this card.
You have to enter on the app or website the:
length of time that you’re parking
location number of the PayByPhone street or car park sign
You can choose to receive text message reminders that tell you when your paid-for time is running out. This lets you extend your parking without returning to your car. There is a fee of 10p per text for this service.
Pay for parking with cash at a PayPoint outlet
You can pay for parking with cash in over 80 local retailers offering the PayPoint service.
You can find your nearest PayPoint outlets by either:
- searching on the PayPoint website
- phoning 0330 400 2274 - we’ll tell you where your 2 nearest retailers are
When you pay by cash using PayPoint, you must tell the retailer that you want to pay for parking. You’ll need:
- the location number printed on the PayByPhone sign
- your vehicle registration number
- the length of time that you want to park
The retailer will give you a receipt which you don’t have to display in your car. You should keep it as proof of parking.
Your parking information is transferred to parking enforcement officers’ handheld devices who can check that you’ve paid for your parking.