- Sensory Rhyme and Play is a new hour long session for non-walking babies. Each session is based on a children’s book and we create a sensory environment for your baby to explore. Some activities can be messy! Sessions are currently running at South Friern library and Chipping Barnet Library. Please check our Facebook page for pictures of Sensory Rhyme & Play.
- Baby rhyme time is a first library activity for babies and non-walkers.
- Toddler read and rhyme combines physical activity with nursery rhymes and songs and is for toddlers who have learnt to walk.
For dates, times and venues please take a look at the events calendar (available at the bottom right of this page).
Free Bookstart book packs are available for babies and preschoolers from your health visitor, preschool group or local library.
- Baby Bookstart bag: when your child is about seven months old your health visitor will give you a Baby Bookstart bag containing two free books and lots of information about reading with babies.
- Bookstart Treasure Box: when your child reaches three years old you are entitled to another Bookstart pack. Bookstart treasure boxes or vouchers are usually distributed via your child's pre-school or nursery class. Vouchers can be redeemed for a treasure box at any Barnet library.
Bookstart is a national scheme bringing books and babies together.