- Sensory Rhyme and Play is a new hour long session for non-walking babies. Each session is based on a children’s book and we create a sensory environment for your baby to explore. Some activities can be messy! Sessions are currently running at South Friern library and Chipping Barnet Library. Please check our Facebook page for pictures of Sensory Rhyme & Play.
- Baby rhyme time is a first library activity for babies and non-walkers.
- Toddler read and rhyme combines physical activity with nursery rhymes and songs and is for toddlers who have learnt to walk.
For dates, times and venues please take a look at the events calendar (available at the bottom right of this page).
- Baby Bookstart Packs are usually distributed by health visitors or nursery nurses working in baby clinics, but are also available from your local library
- Bookstart Treasure Bags are distributed by pre-school settings and nursery classes. If you live in Barnet but your child won't be attending a nursery or pre-school in the borough, please ask at your local library or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Special Bookstart Packs are available for children with additional needs. Please contact email@example.com if you have a child who is deaf, has visual impairment or has disabilities which impact on, or delay the development of their fine motor skills.
Bookstart is a national scheme bringing books and families with young children together.