Barnet Falls Prevention Service helps you reduce the risk of falling. It is available free to anyone who:
- has a fear of falling
- has a history of falls or near misses
- lacks confidence with their balance and walking
- has been diagnosed with osteoporosis.
You must be able to move independently with or without a walking aid (but not use a wheelchair).
The Barnet Falls Clinic
Central London Community Healthcare runs the Falls Clinic at Finchley Memorial Hospital.
Any health professional, such as your GP, district nurse or therapist can refer you. A friend, relative or carer can refer you or you can refer yourself.
The Clinic will first offer you an assessment to identify your risk of falling and what support you may need.
You will then be able to join a free 12 week programme, which includes:
- information and advice
- group sessions to help with balance, flexibility and stamina
- exercises to do at home
- a check of your home to identify hazards
- plan strategies to help you cope if you do have a fall
Once you have completed the programme, the clinic can help you to find groups and activities in your local community to help you maintain your wellbeing.
Barnet Falls Clinic
Finchley Memorial Hospital
London N12 0JE
Tel: 020 8349 7528 / 020 8349 7500