Older people in Barnet can access Age UK Barnet's Neighbourhood Services to look for an exercise class, information about benefits, some support with IT or opportunities to make new friends. There’s something happening close to you!
How much does it cost?
There may be a charge for some activities, including lunches, or for certain practical support such as shopping services. Individual organisations can provide more detail.
Find out what's on
Find out what's on. Activities include:
- computer classes and digital technology
- cookery classes and dietry support
- falls prevention and health promotion
- fitness classes
- handyperson service
- interest groups
- later life planning service
- practical support
- social group and lunch clubs
There's 17 organisations who form the Barnet Provider Group that deliver Neighbourhood Services.
- Age UK Barnet
- Alzheimers Society Barnet
- Asra Housing Association
- Barnet African Caribbean Association
- Barnet Asian Women Association
- Barnet Elderly Asians' Group
- Barnet Retired and Senior Volunteer Programme
- British Red Cross
- Chipping Barnet Day Centre
- Colindale Community Club
- Cultral and Recreational Organisation for Tamil Elders
- Friend in Need
- Good Neighbour Scheme for Mill Hill and Burnt Oak
- High Barnet Befriending Service
- Jewish Care
- Monarchs Sports Club
- New Barnet Community Association
Services are available in many local areas. If there isn’t a service that seems right for you, please get in touch with the Adults Commissioning Team and let us know what you would like to see.