Residents as part of the People Bank have been working with the Council and CCG on a whole range of topics.
Some highlights of what they have achieved so far:
- Working with the new care technology (telecare) provider on how to promote the new service so that more people get the benefits.
- Helping to design the new crisis intervention service for people with learning disabilities and/or autism.
- Putting together an action plan to improve access to information about dementia.
- Designing the new carers web pages on Barnet Council’s website.
- Writing a Guide to Good Engagement (PDF). This is for staff across the Council and other organisations to engage with people with disabilities.
- Helping to design the Care Space hubs, including the name and branding.
- Reviewing direct payment services and making recommendations for improvement.
For more details about each working group, you can read the reports below (PDF):