Did you know?
Caring for another person is rewarding and fun but it can also be tiring. As a carer, you know better than anyone else what helps you to look after your own health and wellbeing.
You may already benefit from emotional and practical support from your community, such as family, friends and neighbours.
You may also be supported by other carers through connections you have made yourself or by organisations such as Barnet Carers Centre. The Centre has a wide range of services and activities for carers and young carers, such as:
- social opportunities to meet other carers and support groups
- carers' breaks, such as short breaks from your caring role
- training and awareness programmes
- good neighbour schemes, such as befriending and shopping
- legal and welfare advice.