The Safeguarding Adults Board is a multi-agency board which has been established to improve safeguarding (protection) practices for adults at risk of abuse in Barnet.
What the board does
The board meets quarterly, and their work includes:
- determining policy
- co-ordinating activity between agencies
- facilitating joint training
- monitoring and reviewing progress in safeguarding practices
- developing ways of working which will improve our ability to support Barnet residents across the community to live a life free from abuse
- learning from lessons where people have not been adequately protected.
The Safeguarding Adults Board is linked to other boards promoting the safety of residents such as the Safer Communities Board, Hate Crime Forum and Domestic Violence Strategic Board. A Safeguarding Adults service user forum has also been established to ensure the views of service users and carers are taken into account in the work of the board helping to improve services for Barnet residents.
Safeguarding Adults Board Annual Report 2018/19 (PDF 1.4 MB)- progress on its activities and reports to the Barnet Council Adult Strategy Group, the Overview and Scrutiny Committee, and the Cabinet
Safeguarding Adults Board Strategy 2018-21 (PDF 1 MB)- this plan sets out how the Safeguarding Adults Board will achieve its statutory objective to co-ordinate and ensure the effectiveness of the board members activity.
Safeguarding Policy and Procedures (PDF 2 MB)- set out the codes of practice for across London, which have been approved and endorsed by all member organisations of the board
The Board is made up of a number of organisations, statutory and non-statutory, these include people from the voluntary sector, the Metropolitan police, NHS trusts and staff from Adults and Health.
- Fiona Bateman – Independent Chair
- Dawn Wakeling – Executive Director Adults and Health, London Borough of Barnet
- James Mass – Interim Director Adult Social Care, London Borough of Barnet
- Helen Swarbrick – Head of Safeguarding, Royal Free London Trust
- Peter Clifton – Community Safety Manager, London Borough of Barnet
- Superintendent Barry Loader – Metropolitan Police
- Detective Chief Inspector Tony Bellis – Metropolitan Police
- Dr Raju Raithatha – Safeguarding Adults GP
- Ray Booth – Chief Executive, Barnet Mencap
- Monica Przyzycka – Head of Prevention and Assessment, London Borough of Barnet
- Steve Leader – Borough Commander, London Fire Brigade
- Trish Stewart – Associate Director of Safeguarding
- Kate Aston – Safeguarding Adult Lead, CLCH
- Julie Riley – Director of Care and Support, Barnet Group
- Siobhan McGovern – Associate Director of Safeguarding
- Heather Wilson – Safeguarding Adult Lead, CCG
- Julie Pal – CEO, Community Barnet
- Martin Haines – Care Quality Commission
- Louisa Songer – Public Health Strategy, London Borough of Barnet
- Kauser Mukhtar – London Community Rehabilitation Company
- Elena Barrasso – Department of Work and Pensions
- Lisa Sturrock – Westminster Drugs Project
- Emma Coles – Safeguarding Adults Board Business Manager