We are delighted to announce Barnet will again be hosting Silver Week 1-7 October 2018. Check out the full list of Barnet activities and events in the Silver Week booklet.
Silver Sunday is an annual day of fun activities for older people across the UK, led by The Sir Simon Milton Foundation.
To ensure we reach as many people as possible for the fourth year we will be celebrating with a week of activities and events throughout Barnet.
Silver week celebrates the value and knowledge older people contribute to our communities while combating loneliness and isolation. If you would like to host an event or get involved this year please contact the Prevention and Wellbeing Team on email@example.com or call 020 8359 2519
Tuesday 2 October 11am-3pm – Celebration at Brent Cross shopping centre involving a showcase of performances
Wednesday 3 October 10.45am-1pm – ‘Silver Week Seminar’, talks, hearing screening and fitness/lifestyle advice. Copthall Leisure Centre, Champions Way, NW4 1PX
Thursday 4 October 10am-4pm – Showcase at The Spires shopping centre, information and advice and performances.
Thursday 4 October 10.30am-3.30pm – Health and Wellbeing Day at Drummond House, with therapy treatment, dance and exercise to music with lunch provided. 50 Font Hills, Est Finchley N2 8LF
Sunday 7 October 12.30-3.30pm - ‘Silver Sunday’ Afternoon Tea at Woodhouse College involving information stalls and a programme of entertainment and activities including announcing the winners of the Art competition.
This year Barnet's Silver Week will see more than 44 of our local organisations and partners host over 80 activities and events throughout the borough including:
- 26 sport and leisure activities including opportunities to dance together
- 10 opportunities for pampering, beauty therapies and the opportunity to look after yourself and have some time to relax
- 16 information talks covering a range of topics including, health and wellbeing, employment, benefits, and fraud
- 11 Afternoon teas/coffee mornings - a chance to socialise and meet new people
- 4 opportunities to see the Exhibition of Art by local residents of supported housing / residential care at venues across the Borough