Healthier High Streets for businesses
Creating healthier high streets in Barnet
We want to encourage and support Barnet businesses to provide healthier living for residents. This way businesses on our high streets can meet the needs of the local community and thrive.
The Healthier High Streets programme brings together five schemes set up to make our local communities healthier in one package.
By joining a scheme, you will get the chance to raise the profile of your business and attract new customers, while helping to improve the health and wellbeing of your local community.
There are five schemes on offer and you can sign your business up to as many as you’d like.
The schemes available are:
Healthier Catering Commitment
- provide and promote a healthy and nutritious food offer.
- available to all food businesses with a hygiene rating of 3 or above.
- offer free drinking water refills to all.
- offer a welcoming and safe space for mothers to breastfeed.
- help support people with dementia to remain independent for as long as possible.
- support Barnet to become a Dementia Friendly borough.
- offer clean and accessible toilets to the public, free of charge.
- participating businesses are eligible to claim a maintenance fee of between £800 to £1200 per year.
How to get involved
After you sign up, we will be in touch with further information and guidance to help get you set up on your chosen scheme(s).
Depending on the scheme, this may include checks to confirm your business meets certain criteria.
Once checks are completed, your business will be officially part of the Healthier High Streets programme. We will send you a Healthier High Street sticker to display in your windows to let your customers know what’s on offer.
If your business is already signed up to a scheme but do not have a Healthier High Streets sticker, please email firstname.lastname@example.org