COVID-19 Outbreak. Childrens and families services are currently operating a reduced service.
Most schools are closed.
0-19 Early Help Services are suspended with alternatives
Find out more
Barnet Integrated Clinical Service (BICS)
We offer social, emotional, behavioural and mild to moderate mental health support to children, young people and families within Barnet.
Refer a child or young person to us, if you are concerned about a child or young person’s social, emotional, behavioural or mild to moderate mental health.
We see children, young people and families in schools and in the community.
How to refer your child to BICS
Referrals can be made via Universal Plus Form
Social difficulties may include:
- friendships issues
- peer relationship difficulties
- social anxiety
- family relationship difficulties
- persistent difficulties managing relationships
- isolation/struggling to go out
Emotional difficulties may include:
- disturbed by traumatic event
- problems in attachment to parent/carer
- gender discomfort issues
- difficulty in managing temper/anger
- emotional regulation
Behavioural difficulties may include:
- Poor eye contact
- repetitive problematic behaviours
- difficulties sitting still or concentrating
- verbal or physical aggression/defiance
- toileting concerns
- eating issues
- unexplained physical symptoms
- restrictive or ritualistic behaviours
- disturbed sleep or sleep issues
- self-care issues
- school refusing difficulties
Mental health difficulties may include:
- obsessions and compulsions
- panic attacks
- self-harm behaviours