Carers in Barnet
- Adult social care
Who is a carer?
A carer is a person who is unpaid and looks after or supports someone who needs help with their day-to-day life due to reasons such as:
- their age
- a long-term illness
- mental health
- substance misuse
Each caring situation is unique and every carer has different needs and priorities.
For information and support for young carers, please visit the Young carers page.
Information and advice for carers
Barnet Carers Centre is the lead provider of support for carers in the borough, and it offers:
- information, advice and support
- carers' breaks, e.g. short breaks from your caring role
- training and awareness programmes
- good neighbour schemes, e.g. befriending and shopping
- social opportunities to meet other carers and support groups
- legal and welfare advice.
- You may also find our guidance about carers' rights in the Care Act useful.
- Barnet Carers Centre
- 3rd Floor Global House
303 Ballards Lane
North Finchley N12 8NP
- Tel: 020 8343 9698
- FAX: 020 8445 1193
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org