Learning Disabilities Partnership Board (archived)
- Adult social care
The Learning Disabilities Partnership Board was set up to help improve the lives of people with a learning disability and their carers or families. We want to involve and work with people who have a learning disability and their carers to improve the services they receive in the London Borough of Barnet.
The Board will achieve this by monitoring, developing and promoting opportunities and choices that improve the quality of life of people with a learning disability aged 18 and above.
We have a workplan for the Partnership Board for 2013 - 2016 which we are currently working towards.
Dates of meetings 2016
- Wednesday 9 March, 2.30-4.30pm
The Board is made up of disabled people, carers, local voluntary organisations and staff from Adults and Communities.
- Karen Morrell, Head of Integrated Care: Learning Disabilities and Mental Health, Barnet Council
- Mahmuda Minhaz, Team Leader, People’s Choice, BCIL
- Ray Booth, Chair of Carers Subgroup Chief Executive, Barnet Mencap
- Sarah Coyne, Curriculum Manager LLDD, Barnet and Southgate College
- George Christodolou, Family Carer Representative
- Bernice Davis, Chair Housing and Support Subgroup Norwood
- Linda Edwards, Voluntary Sector Representative, Larches Trust
- Rhoda Fynn, Family Carer Representative
- Shelley Gibbons, Co-chair of Day Oppportunites and Community Inclusion Subgroup, Community Projects Manager, Barnet Mencap
- Kevin Hall, Service User Representative
- Richard Harris, Chair Speaking Up Subgroup, People's Choice Advocate
- Susan Hawthorne, Healthwatch Barnet
- Lyn Huddleston, Co-chair of Autism Subgroup Manager, Flower Lane, Your Choice Barnet
- Betzalel Lifschitz, Service User Representative
- Sandy Littman, Family Carers Service
- Christina Marchesi, Family Carers Service
- Maria Nash, Family Carer Representative
- Anthony Nicholson, Family Carer Representative
- Philip Rackham, Service User Representative
- Molly Rayment, Chair Health Development Subgroup Senior Specialist Nurse Practitioner, Barnet Learning Disabilities Service, Central London Community Healthcare NHS Trust
- Chhaya Saha, Family Carer Representative
Information to support organisations working with people with learning disabilities
To help organisations better communicate with all members of the community including people with learning disabilities, we have put togther some helpful guidance.
- Customer Care Team
- Barnet House
1255 High Road
London N20 0EJ
- Tel: 020 8359 4172
- Email: email@example.com