Get equipment, adaptions, technology for your home
As well as making adaptations, you can also consider increasing your confidence and independence inside and outside of the home by having a discreet personal emergency monitoring service installed.
Get the right equipment and gadgets for you
Equipment and gadgets can make it a lot eaiser for you to live independently at home and carry out everyday tasks.
Here are some examples (external companies, costs may apply):
- Bed levers, pillow lifts, mattress lifters can help you get in and out of bed safely
- Grab rails, raised toilet seats, commodes for your toileting needs
- Talking clocks and large-button phones can assist with your sight and hearing
- Kitchen equipment gives you the confidence to cook and make hot drinks safely.
- Barnet Homes Assist is an emergency alarm system you can use if you get into difficulties at home
Use care technology to gain confidence in and out of the house
Argenti care technology is a 24 hour personal emergency monitoring service which helps you to continue to live independently in your own home. It also provides peace of mind for lived ones and carers through the use of sensors, medicine dispensers, and simple mobile phones.
Hire a handyperson to make your home safe
Get practical help for your home with some of those tasks and the general upkeep of your home
Major adaptations are more significant, structural alterations to your home such as level access showers, ramps or stair lifts.