Barnet Silver Week: 1 - 7 Oct 2017
- Adult social care
We are delighted to announce Barnet will again be hosting Silver Week 1-7 October 2017. This is part of the National Silver Sunday celebration and the UN International and UK National day of older persons.
Barnet Silver Week will give us the opportunity to celebrate the value and knowledge older people contribute to our communities while combating loneliness and isolation.
Host an event, get involved or become a member of the Steering Group
Get in touch if you want to:
- host an event at Barnet Silver Week
- find out more on how to get involved or how to help to promote Barnet Silver Week
- become a new member of the Steering Group, which is now operational. The Steering Group meet on the first Thursday of each month from 10am - 12 noon at Barnet House, 1255 High Road, Whetstone, N20 0EJ.
Contact the Prevention and Wellbeing Team on email@example.com or call 020 8359 7573.
Barnet Silver Sunday Week in 2016
Last year, over 66 activities and events happened last October, with over 660 people taking part and 92 of those have continued attending those activities throughout the year.
- free hairdressing from Barnet and Southgate College Salon
- an art competition and exhibition by residents of care homes and supported living
- pop up digital inclusion classes
- leisure activities
- health checks
- a range of pampering activities and afternoon teas
Here are a few comments from local residents who enjoyed these events:
- "Informative, enjoyable, good refexology and health monitoring"
- "A very useful afternoon, dad especially enjoyed the sing-a-long"
- "A very enjoyable session, plenty of advice - thank you"
- "Wonderful event, a hightlight for many people who would be very isolated normally"
- "My first time and I had a good experience and enjoyed the exercise and music”