Deaths, funerals and cremations
- Births, deaths, marriages and nationality
We hold records of all deaths that took place within Barnet from 1837. We can supply certified copies of these records for a small fee. A certified copy is not a photocopy; it is a document that can be used for legal purposes.
We also provide advice and help on correcting death entries that may have to be processed through the General Register Office.
Please contact us to book an appointment for a death registration or a stillbirth registration.
On bank holidays, a registrar is on call between 9am-10am for same day burials and cremations. Please call 0208 359 2000 (this is an emergency out of hours number). Once your details have been taken, the registrar on call will contact you.
The on-call cover will be in operation on the following Bank Holidays for the rest of the year:
- Early May bank holiday - Monday 7th May 2018
- Spring bank holiday – Monday 28th May 2018
- Summer bank holiday – Monday 27th August 2018
- Boxing Day – Wednesday 26th December
- New Year’s Day – Tuesday 1st January 2019
- Barnet Registration and Nationality Service
- Hendon Town Hall, The Burroughs, London, NW4 4BG
- Tel: 020 8359 6400
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Opening hours
- Monday to Friday 8:30am-5pm, Saturday 9am-4pm and Sunday 9am-1pm
Enquiries: Contact us online