Loading, please wait

Marriages and civil partnerships

  • Births, deaths, marriages and nationality

Please contact us on 0208 3596400 to book an appointment for notice of marriage or civil partnership or for further information and advice on any of our services.

Marriage records from 1837

We hold records of all marriages that took place in Barnet from 1837. We can supply certified copies of these records for a small fee. A certified copy is not a photocopy; it's a document that can be used for legal purposes.

Hendon Town Hall heritage room



Civil partnership records from 2004

We also hold records of civil partnership formed in Barnet since 2004. We can supply certified copies of these records for a small fee.

The Registrar General can provide a letter confirming that no record of a marriage or civil partnership in England or Wales has been found within a 10 year seach period, the fee for this is £50.

We provide advice and help on correcting marriage or civil partnership entries that may have to be processed through the General Register Office.


  • Barnet Registration and Nationality Service
  • Hendon Town Hall, The Burroughs, London, NW4 4BG
  • Tel: 020 8359 6400
  • Email: registrars@barnet.gov.uk
  • Opening hours
  • Monday to Friday 8:30am-5pm, Saturday 9am-4pm and Sunday 9am-1pm

    Enquiries: Contact us online

Rate this page