Loading, please wait

Approval of venues for marriages and civil partnerships

  • Births, deaths, marriages and nationality

Premises that wish to be used for civil marriages and civil partnerships must be approved by the local authority of the area in which they are situated.

You must be the proprietor or a trustee of the premises to apply for permission to hold civil ceremonies or weddings. Your application must include:

  • the name and address of the applicant
  • other information as required by the local authority
  • a plan of the premises which clearly identifies the room or rooms in which the proceedings will occur

A fee is payable and is calculated on the capacity and number of rooms to be covered by the approval.
For further information on how to apply please contact us on 020 8359 6400.


  • Barnet Registration and Nationality Service
  • Hendon Town Hall, The Burroughs, London, NW4 4BG
  • Tel: 020 8359 6400
  • Email: registrars@barnet.gov.uk
  • Opening hours
  • Monday to Friday 8:30am-5pm, Saturday 9am-4pm and Sunday 9am-1pm

    Enquiries: Contact us online

Rate this page