Loading, please wait

Business rates: change of circumstances

You’ll need to tell us about any changes to you or business, as they may affect amount of business rates you’ll have to pay.

Let us know if:

  • you move address
  • you believe that you are entitled to an allowance (discount, exemption or relief)
  • you believe that you are no longer entitled to an allowance
  • the Valuation Officer changes the rateable value of your property
  • your property changes from empty to occupied (or vice versa)

If necessary, we will re-calculate our charges and send you your new bill.

If your change of circumstance means you’ve overpaid us.  We'll send a credit bill and refund request form.

Moving in or moving out

Please complete the moving in or moving out form (PDF)  to notify the Council of any changes in your liability and send to the Business Rates department at the details below.


  • Business Rates
  • PO Box 2016, Pershore, WR10 9BH
  • Tel: Tel: 020 8359 2735
  • FAX: 0208 315 2258
  • Email: businessrates@barnet.gov.uk

Rate this page