Employment, innovation and patenting
Innovation is the successful commercialisation of an idea or doing things better in new ways. Greater London Enterprise provides practical, hands-on support and information for London businesses seeking funding, as well as those looking to expand their business into Europe, or wishing to develop technology partnerships.
Do you have an idea or patent you want to protect?
The British Library at Kings Cross is a good place to start as it runs regular workshops and e-courses on Intellectual Property.
Do you have a product or an idea that you wish to bring to the market?
- Barnet and Southgate College has some of the top industry professionals and facilities in the country. If your company has a business problem or wishes to test or develop new strategies, processes, prototypes or products, the Barnet & Southgate College Innovation Office can help. They offer affordable consultancy and partially funded business development opportunities and can be contacted for a no-obligation discussion on 0208 266 4332 or by email
- Knowledge Transfer Partnerships (KTP) has general information on the knowledge transfer undertaken by higher education bodies
- locally, Middlesex University offer a wide variety of ways in they can help businesses grow with technical advice, applied research or consultancy.
- all businesses have a legal obligation to protect the environment by managing waste responsibly and preventing pollution
- free environmental guidance for small and medium-sized businesses and in ways to save money is available from Netregs.
- First Contact
- North London Business Park (NLBP), Oakleigh Road South, London N11 1NP
- Tel: 020 8359 2000
- FAX: 0870 889 7458