Loading, please wait

Gambling permits and registrations

  • Business


You will need to apply for a gambling licence or a permit if you operate any of the following:

  • gambling premises - such as  bingo hall, betting shop, adult gaming centres etc
  • gaming  - including gaming machines and club gaming, e.g. fruit machines in a pub, bridge clubs etc
  • small societies lotteries - this licences charities and small societies to hold raffles.

Licensing objectives

The Gambling Act created three licensing objectives which are the foundation of the licensing regime:

  • preventing gambling from being a course of crime and disorder, being associated with crime and disorder or being used to support crime
  • ensuring that gambling in conducted in a fair and open way
  • protecting children and other vulnerable persons from being harmed or exploited by gambling.



For information on current licences or applications please contact us to view our register.


If you have a complaint about

  • a premises you believe is offering gambling or gaming without a valid licence
  • a premises which is not not being run in line with the licensing objectives.

Please use the enforcement complaint form attached.

The Gambling Act 2005 brought major changes to the licensing of gambling premises. In 2007, the council began issuing gambling premises licences.

Personal licences and operator licences are issued by the Gambling Commission.


  • Re Ltd Licensing Services
  • Barnet House, 1255 High Road, Whetstone London N20 0EJ
  • Tel: 020 8359 7443
  • Email: licensingadmin@barnet.gov.uk

Download documents

Rate this page