The sale or supply of alcohol must be carried out or authorised by the holder of a personal licence in accordance with the Licensing Act 2003, unless a temporary event notice (TEN) has been served.
To obtain a personal licence you must:
- be over 18
- live in the borough
- be authorised to work in the UK
How to apply
You need to submit to us:
- completed application form for a personal licence
- disclosure and declaration (Schedule 3) form
- provide a criminal record check (this must be no older than 30 days when received by the authority)
- two passport photograph (these must be endorsed by a solicitor or professional individual)
- original certificate of your approved qualification
- proof of right to work in the UK
The fee is £37.
Maintenance of your licence
As per the Deregulation Act 2015 as of the 1st April 2015 there is no requirement for a personal licence holder to renew their personal licence. However you would need to notify us if the following changes:-
- home address
- If you require a replacement licence
- If you incur any criminal convictions
All of these need to be accompanied by a letter detailing the changes, your original Personal Licence documents (or reasons why you are unable to provide these) and a cheque or Postal Order for £10.50 payable to London Borough of Barnet.
- Community Protection (Regulation) Licensing Team
- Barnet House, 1255 High Road, Whetstone, London, N20 0EJ
- Tel: 020 8359 7443
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org