Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH)
- Children, young people and families
Contact MASH if you're concerned about a child
For more information about the MASH team, please see the information booklet.
MASH opening hours
The MASH team operates Monday to Thursday 9am to 5.15pm and Friday 9am to 5pm.
Outside of these hours, care and welfare concerns about children and young people that need an immediate response should be reported to the Emergency Duty team on 020 8359 2000.
Where an emergency response is required please contact the Police on 999 at any time.
Professionals worried about a child
The MASH is the single point of entry for all referrals regarding concerns for a child or young person (unborn to 18 years) or where it is felt they would benefit from additional support. Use the referral form below.
Further information about the MASH and the referral process is shown on the Working with children in Barnet website.
Together, we can tackle child abuse.
Barnet is supporting the Department for Education on a national government campaign. The aim of the “Together, we can tackle child abuse” campaign is to encourage members of the public to report child abuse and neglect and overcome the barriers that stop people reporting.
- Anything you notice can help a child at risk. We all have a role to play in protecting children and young people from child abuse and neglect
- Last year nearly 400,000 children in England were supported because someone noticed they needed help
- To help protect a child or young person look out for changes in their Appearance, Behaviour and Communication (A B C)
- It’s up to all of us to keep children safe. Many people do not act because they’re worried about being wrong. You don’t have to be absolutely certain; if you’re concerned a child is being abused or their safety is at risk, speak to someone
- Report it anonymously to your local council, NSPCC or the police who can provide the support a child may need
- Information is gathered from many sources, and your report forms part of a bigger picture. Reporting your concerns to your local council, NSPCC, or the police, could provide the missing piece of information that is needed to keep a child safe.
Child abuse. If you think it, report it.
To find out more about the DfE child abuse campaign visit: https://tacklechildabuse.campaign.gov.uk/
- Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH)
- North London Business Park (NLBP), Oakleigh Road South, London N11 1NP
- Tel: 020 8359 4066
- FAX: 0871 594 8766
- Email: email@example.com