Barnet Careers Advice Service
- Children, young people and families
Careers guidance, information and advice for young people in Barnet after leaving Year 11 until the age of 19 (or 25 for young people with statements/EHCP). Provided by Barnet Education, Employment and Training Support (BEETS).
All young people now need to continue in learning at least until their 18th birthday. This is called Raising the Participation Age (RPA).
How we can help
We can advise you on the following options:
- Remaining in full time education or training in a school, college or training provider
- applying for an apprenticeship or traineeship
- getting a job, becoming self-employed or a volunteer for more than twenty hours a week, including doing part-time training or education alongside (usually approximately one day a week).
We can also help you with the following:
- Careers guidance
- Writing CV’s
- Interview techniques
For more information on colleges, apprenticeships, and employment:
For more information about the service, please see the BEETS Careers Entitlement Charter.
How to contact us
You can contact BEETS on Facebook. We post lots of information about education and employment opportunities in Barnet, so make sure you follow us to get the latest updates.
If you're unsure or would like further advice on what you can do after leaving Year 11, please contact the team and our qualified careers advisers will get in touch.
- Email: Sharon.Glover@barnet.gov.uk
- Phone: 020 8359 7875
If you're a school or college and are interested in using our traded service to support your young people, please contact email@example.com or telephone 020 8359 7875.
- First Contact
- North London Business Park (NLBP), Oakleigh Road South, London N11 1NP
- Tel: 020 8359 2000
- FAX: 0870 889 7458