Newstead Children's Centre
1 Fallows Close (off Tarling Road) Finchley N2 8LG
Telephone 020 8359 3460
- Essex Park Community Hall
- Oak Lane Clinic, Oak Lane, N2 8LT,
- Moss Hall Nursery School
- Holy Trinity Primary School
Monday to Friday 9:00am- 5pm
We provide 32 childcare places for children aged two-five years. Children attend the centre term time only.
We provide places for free childcare entitlement for 2, 3 and 4 year olds.
Adult learning and parent support
Parents are encouraged to be active members of our centre. We work in partnership with parents to develop the best programme of learning and support to benefit their child’s overall development.
We also provide a wide range of parenting support courses which are designed to help parents gain confidence and enjoy their parenting role. Courses are run on a regular basis, they include:
- healthy lifestyle
- communicating with your child
- strengthening families and strengthening communities.
- baby massage
- baby weighing
Parents attending our courses can also have access to our crèche.
Healthy Start Vitamin vouchers accepted. For further information please visit www.healthystart.nhs.uk.
We work in partnership with a range of health professionals and together we provide activities such as:
- child health clinic
- infant feeding support
- new parents’ support group
- speech and language support
We also host a number of adult education courses. Many of which are run in conjunction with Barnet and Southgate College, Reed in Partnership and Family Learning including literacy, numeracy and employability training
- childminding support group
- stay and play
- information surgeries
- rhyme time
- baby signing
- happy at home
- story makers
- language and play
- open door support group for children with special education needs
- just 4 you
- young parents support group
- fathers and male carers support
- Safer Families Parenting Course (Support for domestic violence)
- First Aid (Paediatrics)
- opportunity to volunteer
- victim support
- IAPT counselling service
- welfare rights advice
- Reed in Partnership Employment
- chatty play
- speech and language therapy stay and play
- book library
- mini chefs