Barnet's Disabled Children's Register
- Children, young people and families
All parents of children and young people with a disability should register their childs details on the Disabled Children's Register.
Parents can do this by completing the Disabled Children's Registration Form.
Why should you register your child?
The Disabled Children's Register helps us to help children and young people with disabilities or complex needs by:
- issuing your child with a photo ID card saying that he/she is on our register and has a disability or complex need
- giving you relevant information, advice and support that is targeted directly to your child’s needs
- giving you information from other agencies which specialise in working with disabled children
It also provides the following benefits:
- the register accurately reflects the range of disabilities and special needs of the resident population aged 0 – 19 years
- having a better understanding of your needs, helps us to plan services for the future of all children with special needs
Who can register?
- putting your child’s name on the register is entirely voluntary, but the more information we can gather about needs of disabled children the better we can plan services for children in Barnet
- you will not be asked to prove the nature of your child’s condition before they can be included on the register, and no assessments will be made
- receiving an ID card is voluntary, if you would like to have one please include two passport size photos with the registration form
To register, please complete the Disabled Children's Registration Form
Maintaining Barnet's Disabled Children's Register
- we aim to keep the register up to date at all times so that it gives us a better understanding of your child’s needs
- we will contact you periodically to check that the information regarding your child is up-to-date
- you are welcome to contact us at any time if your details have changed
- Disabled Children's Team
- North London Business Park (NLBP), Oakleigh Road South, London N11 1NP
- Tel: 020 8359 5713
- FAX: 0871 911 6107
- Email: email@example.com