Disabled children's team
- Children, young people and families
The Disabled Children’s Team is placed within the 0 - 25 Service. We offer a service to children or young people from 0 - 18 years of age, who have a disability or chronic condition which prevents them from developing or performing everyday tasks in the same way as children of similar ages and backgrounds.
After the age of 16 years we undertake joint work with the transition’s workers within the 0 - 25 Service and cases are re-allocated at 18 and remain within the service until 25 years supporting young people to move into adulthood.
We are available from 9am - 5pm Monday to Friday.
- advice and support to the family
- carry out assessment and offer services
- on-going monitoring and updating review of care packages and support plans
- initiate care proceedings where appropriate
- undertake child protection work
- work closely with our partner agencies, example school, health and voluntary sector
- we are the custodians for the disabled children's register
- Disabled Children's Team
- North London Business Park (NLBP), Oakleigh Road South, London N11 1NP
- Tel: 020 8359 4246
- FAX: 0871 911 6107