£500 Foster Carer Referral Reward Scheme
Referral Reward Scheme
Most of our foster carers come to us through a recommendation. If you are a foster carer for Barnet or work for Barnet Council we will pay £500 if you successfully recommend a friend or relative to our Fostering Service.
So if you know anyone who is interested in fostering, why not ask them if you can send us their details? Just email firstname.lastname@example.org with their name, address and telephone number and mention ‘Referral Reward’, or ring the recruitment team tel: 020 8359 6274.
Alternatively, the person you are referring can get in touch with us themselves and mention your name.
Prospective applicants will need to have a spare bedroom and be willing to offer a home to children above the age of 12. Barnet foster carers benefit from an excellent support package, including a foster carer ‘buddy’ (extra support from an experienced foster carer) for the first six months of being approved, in-depth training and up to £533 a week.
- to qualify for the scheme the prospective applicant must quote the referring foster carer’s or staff member’s name during the initial enquiry stage on the telephone or at the first home visit. This will be cross referenced to confirm connection
- each ‘Referral Reward‘ is based on one household (a single applicant/ joint applicants living in the same household making one application)
- £100 is paid when the referred person attends our ‘Skills to Foster training’
- £400 is paid following their official approval as a Barnet foster carer
- existing foster carers and members of staff can make as many introductions as they wish
- Fostering Service
- North London Business Park (NLBP),
Oakleigh Road South
- Tel: 020 8359 6274
- FAX: 020 8359 7458
- Email: email@example.com