Private fostering someone else's child
- Children, young people and families
What must I do if I intend to or already foster a child privately?
If you are planning to or already foster a child privately, you must:
- make an arrangement with the parent about how the child should be cared for uphold this agreement
- inform us at least six weeks before the child comes to live with you
- work with socila workers to make sure that the child's needs are fully assessed and met
- allow social workers to carry out all necessary checks
- make and arrangement with the child's parents about the type of information they would like to recieve about their child and provide this information on a regular basis.
You are responsible for looking after the child on a day-to-day basis. The child's parents maintain parental responsibility and by law need to be involved in all decisions about their child.
- Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH)
- North London Business Park (NLBP), Oakleigh Road South, London N11 1NP
- Tel: 020 8359 4066
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org