Conflict at home
- Children, young people and families
Are you worried about the arguments or perhaps violence between you and your partner?
Do you think this is affecting your children?
What support is there for families?
If you are worried about the level of arguments in your home and about the impact on the children then we may be able to help and support you.
We can provide support for women with children aged 0-11 years and where domestic abuse is a feature of family life.
The support is given through:
- an eight week Women’s Support Group which looks at understanding domestic abuse, safer relationships, enhancing self-esteem and the impact of domestic abuse on children and self (crèche available for this group)
- a twelve week therapeutic recovery group for children and their mothers who have experienced domestic abuse
- extensive outreach work including assessment of needs and signposting to other support services such as Welfare Rights
- counselling for women, which can include children, with an experienced counsellor.
The above support is based in the following Children’s Centres:
To access the Women’s Support Group, please speak with your Health Visitor, GP, school, nursery or children's centre, who can make the referral.
If you are a practitioner working with a family
If you are a practitioner working with a family that is experiencing domestic abuse at home you can find out more about the support that is available and make a referral, via the MASH, through the practitioner page on our Working with Children in Barnet website.