The Incredible Years
- Children, young people and families
The Incredible Years is a 12 to 14 week course for families with children aged between 2.5 and 11 years (two and half hours per session including break). This course will help you to:
- build up a pyramid of support with a strong emphasis on play and interaction with children
- encourage and support their development and understanding their needs
Strategies covered to support parents/carers and their children in managing behaviours:
- positive attention
- appropriate ignoring
- clear communication
- emotional regulation
- limit setting
- natural and logical consequences
- problem solving and time out
If you would like to attend the Incredible Years course, speak with your health visitor, GP, school, nursery or children's centre. They will need to complete a CAF and make a referral on your behalf.
Further information about the CAF is given in our information leaflet.