Money matters in the Local Offer
- Children, young people and families
There is a wide range of disability-related financial support, including benefits, tax credits, payments, grants and concessions.
The main disability and sickness benefits are:
- Disability Living Allowance or Personal Independence Payment
- Attendance Allowance
- Employment and Support Allowance
Depending on your circumstances, you might also be able to get:
- Constant Attendance Allowance if you need daily care and attention because of a disability
Vehicles and transport
If you’re disabled you can apply for the following:
- exemption from paying vehicle tax
- parking benefits - Blue Badge
- disabled persons bus pass or railcard
- help to buy or lease a car from The Motability Scheme
On a low salary
If you’re working and on a low salary, you can get extra money to:
- top up your salary eg Income Support and Working Tax Credit
- pay towards costs for special equipment at work and travel eg Access to Work
VAT relief on certain goods and services
You don’t have to pay VAT on certain goods and services if they’re just for your own use and you’re disabled or have a long term illness. Find out more on GOV.UK's Financial help if you're disabled.
Barnet Citizens Advice Bureau
Barnet Citizens Advice Bureau offers information and advice around welfare benefits to Barnet residents. They have offices based in Hendon and New Barnet. Telephone: 0844 826 9336.