Loading, please wait

Money matters in the Local Offer

  • Children, young people and families

Financial support

There is a wide range of disability-related financial support, including benefits, tax credits, payments, grants and concessions.

The main disability and sickness benefits are:

  • Disability Living Allowance or Personal Independence Payment
  • Attendance Allowance
  • Employment and Support Allowance

Depending on your circumstances, you might also be able to get:

  • Constant Attendance Allowance if you need daily care and attention because of a disability

Vehicles and transport

If you’re disabled you can apply for the following:

  • exemption from paying vehicle tax
  • parking benefits - Blue Badge
  • disabled persons bus pass or railcard
  • help to buy or lease a car from The Motability Scheme

On a low salary

If you’re working and on a low salary, you can get extra money to:

  • top up your salary eg Income Support and Working Tax Credit
  • pay towards costs for special equipment at work and travel eg Access to Work

VAT relief on certain goods and services

You don’t have to pay VAT on certain goods and services if they’re just for your own use and you’re disabled or have a long term illness. Find out more on GOV.UK's Financial help if you're disabled

Barnet Citizens Advice Bureau

Barnet Citizens Advice Bureau offers information and advice around welfare benefits to Barnet residents. They have offices based in Hendon and New Barnet. Telephone: 0844 826 9336.

Rate this page