Specialist holidays, funding and charities
The organisations listed below offer holidays and activities for families with a child or young person with SEND. Some may be able to offer financial help or practical support while others will offer children with life-limiting or serious illnesses a chance to have the holiday or experience of a lifetime.
We can’t provide references for the below organisations as they aren’t endorsed by us. You should always check the individual website for eligibility criteria.
- Alice's Escapes offers free holidays to families with seriously ill children.
- Christian Lewis Trust offers free holidays for children with cancer.
- CLIC Sargent offers free short breaks for children with cancer.
- Day Trippers offers funding for group day trips.
- Dial a Dream for 3-18 year-olds with a life-limiting illness.
- DisabledGo lets you search for accessible venues and activities.
- Dreams Come True for 2-21 year-olds a terminal or life-threatening illness.
- Dream Flight offers seriously ill children the holiday of a lifetime.
- Family Holiday Association offers short breaks for disadvantaged families.
- Family Fund offers grants and help for children and young people with a severe disability or serious life-threatening illness.
- Hannah's Appeal offers free UK breaks for seriously ill children or families who have lost a child.
- Happy Days offers holidays and theatre trips.
- Kensington Foundation offers holiday accommodation for respite breaks.
- Kids Out offers days out and toy boxes for disadvantaged children.
- Leah Wilby Foundation offers caravan holidays for children with cancer.
- Make a Wish for children with life-threatening conditions.
- Merlin's Magic Wand offers days out at Merlin Group attractions.
- Nancy Oldfield offers activities on the Norfolk Broads.
- Rays of Sunshine for 3-18 year-olds with a serious or life-threatening illness.
- Round Table Children's Wish offers wishes for children with life threatening illnesses.
- Star Fish Breaks for North Devon offers wheelchair accessible holiday accommodation.
- Sunny Days Fund offers holiday homes in the UK for disabled children.
- The Dream Team Charity grants the wishes of disabled and terminally ill children.
- Try B4 U Fly offers trials for specially designed aircraft seating support.
- TSC Trust offers holidays, activities and day trips.
- Your Dream Factory for 3-25 year-olds with a life-threatening condition or severe disability.