About workforce development
- Children, young people and families
We know that to improve outcomes for all of Barnet’s children, young people and their families, we must recruit and retain the very best staff.
We are therefore committed to the ongoing development of our workforce to enable them to achieve their ambitions and improve outcomes for children and young people in Barnet.
Our multi-agency Workforce Strategy Group has continued to lead the development of the skills and knowledge of our workforce through a diverse range of collaborative learning and development initiatives. Our focus on common and practical recruitment approaches enhances outcomes for children and young people in Barnet.
Our Children’s Workforce Strategy (CWS) sets out our ongoing partnership approach for developing a world-class children and young people’s workforce through a diverse range of learning and development initiatives open to the entire workforce across the children’s service partnership.
The workforce development strategy drives the work of our partnership and is organised across seven strands:
- recruiting the children and young people’s workforce
- developing and retaining the children’s workforce
- strengthening inter-agency and multi-disciplinary working across various sectors, linked to workforce re- modelling/reconfiguration
- promoting stronger leadership, management and supervision
- defined training needs and core competencies around Early Identification and Intervention including the Lead Professional role, the Common Core of Skills and Knowledge, and the Common Assessment Framework (CAF)
- engaging service users in the quality and design of workforce development and integration
- undertaking specifically commissioned training and development activity
- Workforce development
- North London Business Park (NLBP)
Oakleigh Road South
London N11 1NP
- Tel: 020 8359 6389/7602
- Email: email@example.com