Comments, compliments and complaints
- Council and democracy
We take feedback about our services seriously.
Comments and compliments
Compliments regarding individual staff members will be sent to their line manager and details will be recorded on file. It is helpful to let professionals know when they have done a good job.
We will use your feedback to help improve the services that we provide.
A complaint is any expression of dissatisfaction of our services. You may consider that:
- you have not been treated with courtesy and fairness
- you are unhappy about the standard of service you have received
- we have failed to provide a service to which you are entitled
- you are unhappy about the action taken by us
Make a complaint to Barnet Council
Please let us know:
- what has gone wrong giving us as much detail as possible because it helps us to understand the situation better
- what you would like us to do to put things right.
Tel: 020 8359 2000
What happens to your complaint
There are three separate complaints processes within the council:
- the Corporate Complaints Process
- complaints about the Children's Service
- complaints about Adult Social Care and Health
How long will my complaint take to resolve?
There are two stages within the council's Corporate Complaints Policy. Each stage has a different response time, as follows:
- At Stage 1, your complaint will be responded to within 10 working days.
- At Stage 2, your complaint will be responded to within 30 working days.
What happens if I am not satisfied with the investigation and response to my complaint?
The Local Government Ombudsman looks at complaints about councils as well as some other authorities and organisations. It is a free service: their job is to investigate complaints in a fair and independent way, and they do not take sides.
- Please address comments, compliments and complaints to Customer Services:
- North London Business Park (NLBP)
Oakleigh Road South
- Tel: 020 8359 2000
- FAX: 0871 911 6188