The council recognises the importance of a well-planned induction, a programme has been developed to help you understand Barnet council and how it works. Your manager will meet up with you when you join to discuss the specifics of your local induction.
Have a look through the employee handbook, as this contains more information on; corporate induction, Induction event, induction checklist and the modules you will be expected to complete.
At the end of your Induction you will know:
- The systems and procedure of the working environment
- The organisational structure of the directorate and the council as a whole
- The overall aims and values of the council
- The skills required to accomplish the duties of your post
- How you can contribute to achieving departmental goals
- How departmental objectives fit into the overall corporate plan.