Loading, please wait

Pensions internal disputes resolution procedure

  • Council and democracy

Internal Disputes Resolution Procedure

You should write to the body who made the decision about which you wish to appeal within 6 months. They will nominate a person to consider your complaint and notify you in writing of his/her decision.

If you are dissatisfied with the nominated person’s decision you may, within 6 months, apply in writing to Barnet Council to have it reconsidered.

The Pensions Advisory Service (TPAS)

TPAS is available at any time to assist members and beneficiaries with any pension query or any difficulty which they cannot resolve with their pension scheme administrators. TPAS can be contacted at:

11 Belgrave Road

London SW1V 1RB

Telephone : 0845 601 2923

Email : enquiries@pensionsadvisoryservice.org.uk

The Pensions Ombudsman

In cases where a complaint or dispute is still unresolved after the intervention of TPAS, an application can be made, within 3 years of the event, to the Pensions Ombudsman for an adjudication.

The Ombudsman can investigate and determine any complaint or dispute involving maladministration of the Scheme or matters of fact or law and his or her decision is final and binding. Matters where legal proceedings have already started cannot be investigated. The Pensions Ombudsman can be contacted at:

11 Belgrave Road



Telephone : 020 7630 2200

Email : enquiries@pensions-ombudsman.org.uk


  • Pensions Office
  • North London Business Park (NLBP)
    Oakleigh Road South
    London N11 1NP
  • Tel: 020 8359 7886
  • FAX: 0870 8896817
  • Email: pensions@barnet.gov.uk

Download documents

Rate this page